Monday, January 3, 2011

women and chennai

Best outfit for working women(physical protection from run away hitters dashers smashers) 
As we all r aware that chennai is considered as a comparitively better safer city for women wen taking delhi, mumbai, kolkatta into account or atleast as far as i know i like chennai for many blind reasons being it my adopted hometown sorry homecity....
But there r lots of dirty dark side effects of being a woman(sadly not a girl as I am working and I am categorized under women) in any city in India for that case....
Some of the common pathetic issues met everyday or often but never unusual for any working women...
  • Why is that atleast two helpage India kind of men hit on us ''UNKNOWINGLY'' in a week?
  • Thanks to my backpack as it always serves as my physical barrier that prevents me from getting unknowingly dashed or hit by men who are of my dad's and grand dad's age.
  • Only women get unwanted useless fwd msgs frm their higher officials even in sunday mornings...
  • Families have a so called public opinion on women that working females r exposed to lots of men, distraction,money and parties...(but no one ever bothers that men too r exposed in a far more better rate to the above mentioned items(lots of women in this case)...)
  • It is highly useless in bringing out bills and laws in the parliament for sexual harassment against women and women empowerment(almost endangered in our rural India) unless and untill women r accepted as equal partners for men(humanly impossible to accept by all our Indian men)
  • But PWDVA (The Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act) and other bills that are recently promoted by the government is a good sign frm their side and I would be very happy on behalf of all women if its effectively implemented....
  • And I am lucky enuf to have to some true frnds in men who respect my feelings and ideas and consider my blog too... and I hope this society allows me to have their frndship even after my marriage(This is another extreme difficulty met by women of this century where married men r acceptable if they have girl or women frnds but not the vice versa)....

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bitter Reality .. Well said..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your article and I am really ashamed to come from a community which is mostly male dominated. But, guys not all Indian men like to dominate women and not all Indian women are dominated. There are some like me and some like Ms.Mathivathani.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fact never appreciated by the society....

    ReplyDelete